At TGP, we are always looking for talented, hard-working professionals. If you would be interested in joining our team, please send us your resume, and we will be happy to review it.
Territory Account Manager
Technical Glass Products seeks a Territory Account Manager to represent the company in the greater Chicago area. This person will be responsible for establishing TGP as the preeminent manufacturer of fire-rated and specialty daylighting materials in all covered markets by performing a variety of duties associated with development of the TGP sales territory. To meet or exceed sales quota set by TGP’s National Sales Manager, a sales representative solicits, develops, and closes business opportunities. Territory for this position includes Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, and Illinois. Candidates must live or be willing to live in the greater Chicago-land area.
Essential Functions include:
- Provide consultation to both the architectural community as well as the glazing community in the territory as defined.
- Regularly call on all glazing contractors in the territory to develop relationships, establish trust, and create opportunities for product sale. This includes soliciting potential customers.
- Travel to all areas of the territory making presentations to groups of 10 to 100 architects/design professionals.
- Read and interpret constantly developing technical and specific code information as it relates to fire protection and TGP’s growing product line.
- Provide professional, prompt, and courteous service to all who inquire about TGP’s products
- Stay abreast of all competitor activity in a specific territory, including competitor’s product development, marketing activity, and customer solicitation.
- Collaborate with Territory Manager and customers in the territory regarding specifications, scope of work, product selection, and the bid process.
- Work very closely with the Territory Manager to develop business, define opportunities, and make quick and accurate decisions regarding potential sales.
- Sort, maintain and manage glass and assembly quotes and opportunities and engage in follow-up by using CRM software program.
- Update CRM regularly with new information, email and phone correspondence, pricing and opportunity developments, and job-specific notes as required.
- Manage the Distributor and OEM network of TGP customers in their territories. This includes training the sales staff of the distributor and keeping them current on changes in codes and products.
- Respond to online quote requests, CAD drawing and BIM requests and general information requests.
- Use product inquiries to create “Grab and Go” presentations at architecture firms, and solicit visits for job-specific meetings as required.
- Respond to current and prospective customer inquiries regarding products, payment terms, orders, etc.
- Prepare, process, review and monitor various documents, such as price quotes, job orders, etc.
- Develop strong awareness of “good” vs. “bad” customer, and maintain the ability to work with both.
- Assist with the planning of sales exhibits, makes presentations at trade shows, customer offices, etc. to explain products and systems.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
- College Degree.
- Five years of sales or customer service required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Sales experience in the building product manufacturing industry.
- Ability to coordinate work with sales, engineering, and production staff for the efficient and accurate quote generation, order placement and product delivery.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously for self and other team members.
- Ability to solve a variety of sales and customer service related problems, develop methods to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of work processes and assist others in solving work problems and improving work processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Computer application software experience in generating quotes, bids, proposals and orders.
- Skill in making professional presentations to large groups and one-on-one.
- Strong team orientation, attention to detail, flexibility and initiative.