Technical Glass Products offers AIA-registered continuing education courses for design professionals on a number of different topics. View our architectural products online courses, available here. Or, to request an in-person AIA-registered presentation from a TGP representative, please visit our information request page. Check this page often for new AIA-registered course offerings from TGP.
Form, Function & Fire Safety: A Clearer View of Fire-Rated Glass and Framing
This course discusses new trends in fire-rated glazing, and what to look for when specifying fire-rated glass. Active vs. passive fire protection systems will be explored, as well as fire-rated glazing system testing, including the fire, impact and hose stream tests. How to meet codes without compromising aesthetics and fire-rated glazing systems and sustainable design will also be addressed.
Credits: 1 LU/HSW Hour
- Learn what questions to ask to ensure that the proper product is specified and installed
- Gain a better understanding of the different categories of fire-rated glazing materials, and their role in fire protection
- Receive current information on how the latest codes and product developments impact design
- Explore new trends in fire-rated glazing and innovative design options
- Learn ways to incorporate fire-rated glazing systems into an overall sustainable design